I don’t know about you, but the Treadmill Sensei absolutely loves to save money. My wife tells me it’s because I’m cheap. That may be true but I do spend a lot of time shopping online to get the best deals possible. I know that you, my loyal readers, love to save money on fitness equipment from the countless letters we receive here at the DOJO asking about how to get the lowest prices around for treadmills and ellipticals.
Today I have an answer for you that was sent in by a reader from the wilds of Lake Arrowhead here in Southern California. Margaret seems to have spent a lot of time online digging up the absolute best prices during her own search for fitness and she emailed me yesterday to share what she found. Take it away, Margaret!
I have spent most of the past month examining your website trying to find the perfect treadmill for my husband and I. You see we are a retired couple who live here in the mountains near Lake Arrowhead California. We moved here recently and have missed being able to run on more reasonable flatter ground. After seeing an infomercial on the Bowflex I decided we had to get a new treadmill to keep ourselves in shape for our golden years…and to make sure we had a lot of golden years to enjoy! After a month of headaches and far too many treadmill types we decided on the Lifespan TR1000 TV treadmill based on your reviews and wonderful insight. From there we tried to find the best price around and discovered something we wanted to pass along to others enjoying your website.
Amazon.com is currently having a huge sale on fitness equipment for the month of March and you can get back as much as $300 on select units in addition to free shipping! Im not sure about your other readers but as a retired couple my husband and I need to save money where ever we can!!!
We heartily thank you for the wonderful service you provide to those looking for treadmills. – Margaret and Dan
First off, thanks for your kind words and great note. You are the first to email me with information on the Amazon.Com Fitness sale, so a lot of people might not realize it is going on. Here is a rundown of what they are offering now through March 31, 2008:
“Don’t miss our special offers for March below and enjoy great deals from Bowflex, Schwinn Fitness, StairMaster, LifeSpan Fitness, and more. Plus, get FREE Super Saver Shipping on qualifying orders over $25 from Amazon.com.
1. Save an additional $100 at checkout when you purchase select Bowflex or Schwinn fitness products sold by Amazon.com.
2. Buy a select StairMaster or Nautilus product sold by Amazon.com and $200 will be discounted at checkout.
3. Save an additional $300 at checkout on select LifeSpan Fitness equipment sold by Amazon.com.
4. Save 30% or more on select Slendertone products sold by Amazon.com.
5. Save up to 50% on Mio heart rate watches sold by Amazon.com.
6. Save 20% or more on select Strength Trainer equipment sold by Amazon.com.
7. Save 25% on HealthTrainer equipment sold by Amazon.com.
8. Save up to 50% on fitness closeouts sold by Amazon.com.
9. Save an additional $100 at checkout when you purchase the LifeSpan Fitness VP-1000 Vibration Plate sold by Amazon.com.”
It looks like Margaret saved $300 on the Lifespan TR1000 TV Treadmill and got herself a killer treadmill with a built in TV screen for about $999! That is one of the best deals around for a commercial quality tv treadmill.
So, if you’re out looking to purchase fitness equipment in the month of March then Amazon.com and its fitness sale are looking like the place to be.
Thanks again for the great tip, Margaret. Oh, and if any of you, my loyal readers, have other tips to help other readers save money feel free to email t
hem in to me here at TreadmillSensei.com. Take care!
-The Treadmill Sensei