This past year the Treadmill Sensei has noticed a lot of companies drop in their levels of both manufacturing and quality control. Formerly very solid companies are now shipping a lot of dead-on-arrival treadmills and ellipticals to their customers and then taking as many as 3-4 service calls before fixing the issues. It has become a very bad trend.
Luckily, the industry has companies like Lamar Fitness, who possess an excellent track reputation for high quality standards and great customer service. The company was founded in the early 2000s by Kevin Lamar, who was a 20+ year veteran of Nautilus Fitness and a well-known innovator in the fitness industry.
The current line of Lamar treadmills and ellipticals features a number of Best Buy and Top Rated units on the market today. They are producing some of the most sturdy, well-built ellipticals made with high quality components you don’t often see in units under $1500. Amazingly, Lamar is making some of the best ellipticals under $500 as well as the very best units in the $1000-$1500 range.
Lamar has 3 sub-brands for their product: Ignite, Advantage and Lamar. Ignite is their more budget conscious line and the units tend to have some amazing features never before found in sub $1000 machines. Advantage is their mid-range brand, focusing on high quality and long product lifespan in the $1000-$2500 price range. The Lamar brand itself features commercial quality product at a very uncommercial price. We’re not sure how they do it, but Lamar is quickly becoming known for producing best buy equipment for customers at any budget. They beat standards other manufacturers can’t even meet.
For ellipticals and treadmills from $350 to $2000 Lamar Fitness is the company that currently sets the bar for performance, comfort, price and quality.
Lamar HFS Ellipticals:
- Lamar A 4200 Elliptical: 4 out of 5 Golden Buddahs. One of the best built ellipticals under $1300.
- Lamar A 4400 Elliptical: 4.5 out of 5 Golden Buddahs. The Lamar 4400 is a Best Buy Elliptical Under $1500 and the top rated elliptical in its price range.
- Lamar Ignite 436 Elliptical: 4 out of 5 Golden Buddahs. An amazing elliptical at under $400 which outperforms some $1000 ellipticals.
- Lamar Ignite 821 Elliptical: 4.5 Golden Buddahs out of 5. A spectacular budget elliptical way under-priced at just below $600.
- Lamar Ignite 841 Elliptical: 4.5 out of 5 Golden Buddahs. The single Best Buy Elliptical under $1000.
Lamar HFS Treadmills:
- Lamar Ignite I905 Treadmill: 2.5 out of 5 Golden Buddahs. An older Lamar unit in need of an update.
- Lamar L1200 Treadmill: 4.5 out of 5 Golden Buddahs. A Best Buy Treadmill for under $2000.
-The Treadmill Sensei