Everyone knows that the only way you can stick to your workout is if you actually enjoy it. It doesn’t make sense to go and do the same thing every single day and expect a different result. Do you know what word that defines?
So today, we’re going to talk about 10 creative ways you can change or improve your workout.
- Find someone to exercise with. If you already have someone you exercise with, maybe find a different exercise buddy for the day. Your friend will understand because it will be good for them as well. And if they insist on still exercising with you, then invite them to tag along.
- If you go running/walking/jogging around your neighborhood, change up your route. Maybe walk to a nearby park or another place that is fun. If you have a bike trail in your neighborhood, maybe check that out. Make sure you bring a cell phone though because sometimes homeless people live by bike trails.
- Try using a different machine. If you are at a gym, it may be a little bit scary and embarrassing at first because you’re in front of a bunch of people who seem to know what they are doing. But don’t be afraid to ask someone who works there how a machine works. That’s what they are there for. If you are at home, I’m sure there’s a video online of how to use a specific machine.
- If you are used to doing high-intensity workouts, try doing something more relaxing like yoga or swimming. Give your body a chance to stretch and heal your worn out muscles. This is not only good for your physical health, but also your mental health.
- Change your schedule. Believe it or not, it can actually make a difference which time of the day you do your workout. If you exercise in the morning, why not try exercising at night.
- Get new exercise clothes. I know what you’re thinking “This only applies to women!” but you are wrong! Who doesn’t enjoy getting new things? This can really help you to feel more excited for your workout every day.
- Get new exercise equipment. This kinda falls under #6 with the concept of everyone liking getting new stuff. Don’t worry, I don’t mean go out and buy a several thousand dollar treadmill or anything. I mean like get new weights for you to carry while you are walking, a yoga mat, or, if you are really trying to save your money, you can even go to the dollar store and get yourself a new water bottle. You don’t have to get anything expensive, just get something new that you would like to try. Keep your receipts and if you don’t like it, you can always take it back. Also, try checking thrift stores. They always have the most interesting stuff at a great price.
- If you go to the gym, why not try switching up your routine? If you have a certain routine at the gym, such as lift weights, jog, yoga, and swim, then try switching that up and do jog, swim, lift weights, and then yoga. It doesn’t matter the order, just switch it up a bit to make you more excited. You can even try working out indoors in the comfort of your own home for the day. Give yourself a break from the gym every once in a while, it’s good for you!
- Explore your options. Make a list of all the things that are available to you. Whether you have a friend who is letting you use your pool, or a nearby trail, or even if you have a bike. List your options and try everything out at least once. Maybe you’ll find yourself a new favorite workout.
- Don’t be afraid to try anything new. Even if society deems it weird or stupid, don’t let anyone decide what you do with your life. The video below is a great example: if you enjoy running backwards, then by all means run backwards! Find what works for you and don’t let anyone get in your way of your health and fitness!
About the author: Jessica Staheli is a health and fitness nut. She loves to write about being healthy and getting in shape because she believes that taking care of your body is important. Having fitness equipment in your home is a great way to remind yourself to exercise, and she recommends treadmillreviews.com for help with choosing a treadmill. You can follow her at Google+.