Recent studies show that exercise can help you if you are craving something, especially if it is something not good for you. Of course, there are more than 5 habits that it can get rid of, but these are the most popular.
5. Over eating. Yes, exercise can help keep you from over eating. Try running on a treadmill before or after you eat. You’ll understand from first-hand experience what it’s like to over eat when you’re tired from working out. It is NOT a pleasant experience.
4. Staying up all night watching TV. This is one of the worst things you can do to your body. If you don’t sleep, your body actually starts to fall apart. First your fingers fall off, then your arms… Just kidding. Actually, your body doesn’t have a chance to heal itself if you don’t sleep. That’s when the body normally heals itself. Getting more sleep also boosts your immune system so you won’t get sick!
3. Sleeping in. Yes, this kind of goes along with number 4; but that’s why they are next to each other. Sleeping in is a bad habitbecause it makes you tired for the rest of the day. If you exercise either in the morning or at night, you’ll be tired enough that sleeping in or not sleeping at all won’t even be an issue anymore.
2. Not drinking enough water. You’ll find that once you start exercising that you’ll actually be more thirsty all the time. You don’t really realize how much water you need until you start losing a lot of it (through sweat).
1. Smoking. Yes, exercising can actually help you to stop smoking. Exercise gets rid of your nicotine cravings. If you feel like you want to go buy a pack of cigarettes, save your money and go hop on a treadmill instead. If you don’t own a treadmill, go for a walk.
If you are really motivated, many people believe that exercise can cure any bad habit. Will you try it?