10 Benefits of Running
- Overall mental health – your body releases endorphins which makes you feel more happy.
- Lessen effects of asthma – helps strengthen lungs and bronchi.
- Helps prevent high blood pressure – your arteries expand and contract while running, helping the arteries to stay fit, which then helps to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Strong immune system – if you are a runner, you suffer less from minor illness.
- Weight loss – you burn 705 to 865 calories per hour. Fat moving up and down helps break down fat.
- Physical Strength – running builds lower body strength in additional to strengthening your tendons and ligaments.
- Increase bone density – your body sends essential minerals to bones to strengthen them when stressed. As running stresses your bones, these additional minerals help to increase your bone density over time.
- Joint strength and stability – by increasing the strength of your ligaments and tendons you increase joint strength and reduce injuries to your ankles, knees, and hips.
- Personal control – running increases confidence which gives you greater control over your life.
- Reduce effects of diabetes – helps reduce diabetic resistance to insulin and maintain a healthy blood sugar level.
About The Author
Treadmill Review Guru is an expert on all things related to treadmills and running. He is a former cross country runner and soccer player and hopes to soon be able to run a marathon. He loves training on his treadmill whenever he gets the chance. Check out his recommendations and see what he thinks are the best treadmills.