Last Updated: 1/13/2022
When you are looking for a high-quality treadmill, what you are looking for is a machine that can withstand intense treadmill training while offering top-of-the-line features. These kinds of treadmills are a serious investment, which is why you can count on Treadmill Reviews to help you find the best high-end treadmill.
Out of the many excellent treadmills we have tested, we have chosen three treadmills as the best high-end treadmills. Price is just one metric we used to define these treadmills. They also needed to be highly durable and sturdy, as you shouldn’t expect to replace your high-quality treadmill in 5-10 years. Also, the treadmills we selected had to offer a wide variety of engaging features that made their price tag worth it.
You can opt to just read through the in-depth reviews of the best high-end treadmills we have picked out. However, if you are on the fence when it comes to investing in a high-end treadmill or a more affordable one and would like to know what made these treadmills the best, we encourage you to read through our entire guide to the best high-end treadmills.
Top-Rated High-End Treadmills
Among the high-end treadmills available to those willing to spend a bit more, here are the three treadmills we wanted to highlight:
NordicTrack Commercial X32i Incline Treadmill
Best of the NordicTrack Incline Trainers, the NordicTrack X32i is an impressive treadmill. This treadmill has an impressive incline range, going from -6% to 40% with an excellent 4.25 CHP motor to assist with smooth motion. You can also enjoy the extra treadmill belt area, which measures 22” wide and 65” long, as well as the huge 32” HD touchscreen that gives the X32i its name. Along with the purchase of the X32i, you can also access iFit workouts to keep you engaged while your working out.
NordicTrack X32i Incline Treadmill
Bowflex Treadmill 22
The Bowflex treadmill 22 is an impressive folding treadmill with a 20″ incline. This is the highest incline of any folding treadmill we’ve tested. Along with the incline range, there is also a 22″ HD touchscreen on the front of this treadmill that allows you to watch Netflix, Hulu, and training apps like Peloton or JRNY. The Treadmill 22 is an impressive machine and great for someone with a higher budget.
Bowflex Treadmill 22
NordicTrack Commercial X22i Incline Treadmill
The NordicTrack X22i is the younger brother treadmill of the impressive X32i. The X22i touts a 40% incline and a crisp 22″ HD touchscreen to access iFit workouts. iFit connects you to classes and workouts all over the globe so you never get bored on the treadmill. Another impressive feature on this machine is the cushioning. This treadmill is great for those with joint pain or other issues where a large amount of cushioning is needed. This will protects you knees, hips, and ankles for years of using this machine.
Sole TT8 Treadmill
The Sole TT8 is a non-folding treadmill from Sole and comes with a simplistic and straight-forward console design. Sole’s treadmills are built to last and have a sturdy “bulletproof” frame that should withstand mile after mile of use. The nice thing about most Sole treadmills is that they don’t require an internet connection so you can put this treadmill wherever you need it and start logging miles.
Sole TT8 Treadmill
NordicTrack Commercial 2950
The tried and true NordicTrack Commercial 2950 rounds out our list. This treadmill is on the higher price end of folding treadmills and that’s why it made this list of high-end treadmills. Think luxury commercial treadmill, meets home folding treadmill and you’ve got the 2950. The 22″ touchscreen also features iFit workouts to keep you engaged and moving day in day out.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950
How We Compare, Rate, and Determine The Best High-End Treadmills?
Calling a treadmill high-end can seem arbitrary. Some people may consider their budget treadmill high-end, having never purchased a treadmill before. To clarify how Treadmill Reviews determines the best high-end treadmills, we looked at a number of factors:
- Did the available features justify the higher price tag?
- What was the build quality of the treadmills like?
- Who were the intended users of the high-end treadmills?
- Were the motors powerful?
For the answers to these questions, we have dedicated a section to each one to help clarify how a treadmill is chosen as one of our best high-end treadmills.
What Features To Look For In An Expensive Treadmill?
When it comes to expensive treadmills, we define that by treadmills who’s price tag is over $4,000 as that price range represents a serious investment. With so many great treadmill options that are thousands of dollars cheaper, the treadmills which justify this price tag have to offer something spectacular indeed, and the three treadmills we have chosen do just that.
- When you look for a high-end treadmill, look to see if what it offers is unique. Does the screen stand out? Is there something special about the treadmill belt, either in area or construction? In the case of our three treadmills, we found many unique characteristics that aren’t available in other treadmills.
- Another important thing to look for is the technology that comes with the high-end treadmill. As our society becomes more technologically integrated, it makes that our fitness equipment also become more advanced. Touchscreens are becoming more standard in quality brands like NordicTrack and ProForm, even in their budget machines.
So, to meet our standard for high-end tech, the built-in technology had to be more advanced than offered in more affordable treadmill models.
Also, you shouldn’t have to feel like a high-end treadmill is out of your reach. Not many regular people have a spare $4,000+ to throw at a treadmill. All three of the machines we selected as the best high-end treadmills have excellent financing options, allowing you to make more reasonable payments to bring one of these treadmills home.
Build Quality Of High-End Treadmills
By choosing to invest in a high-end treadmill, it is pretty clear that you expect your investment to hold up to the test of time. The two main factors that we considered when it came to the overall quality of a high-end treadmill are:
- Build quality – The overall build quality of a high-end treadmill should emphasize commercial-grade steel and fewer plastic parts that you would find on less costly treadmills. They also need to have strong and sturdy builds, with supportive frames that keep the touchscreens from bouncing as you workout.
- Warranty – When investing in an expensive treadmill, you should expect a high level of support in case something goes wrong down the line. We carefully looked over the warranties of the higher end treadmills, and to be honest, the Peloton Tread was almost disqualified, as it has a very limited year warranty, unless you also purchase an extended warranty. However, the X32i and Platinum Club treadmills provide much more extensive warranties like you would expect to come with your investment.
Something to consider with most high-end treadmills—most of them don’t fold. This may be due to the fact that most of them are very heavy, with all the ones we selected weighing over 400 lbs. It can also be because these treadmills are so incredibly sturdy and some of that stability would have been sacrificed for folding.
So, if you can’t fit a big treadmill that won’t fold in your home gym, then a high-end treadmill may not be the right thing for you.
Who Should Invest In A High-End Treadmill
Here at Treadmill Reviews, we prefer not to tell someone what they do or don’t have to buy. However, not everyone needs a high-end treadmill, especially if they are looking for things that can be easily supplied by a treadmill like the NordicTrack Commercial 1750. But if you are really interested in one of the best high-end treadmills, here are some reasons you may want to invest in one:
- You need a treadmill for intense training and often use it as part of your marathon training regimen.
- There are multiple people in your household who will be using the treadmill, with at least two of you having high-performance demands.
- You don’t want to need to replace your treadmill in the next 5+ years.
Other Features To Consider When Selecting A High-End Treadmill
There are other factors which can help you decide between the available high-end treadmill beyond the qualifiers we have already mentioned. Some features you may want to look for are:
Training programs – Along with the built-in workout programs, most high-end programs have training programs you can use to boost your fitness. All three of the high-end treadmills we selected have associated training programs, but they offer them at different capacities.
Display types – You should expect an impressive screen when it comes to a high-end treadmill. The Tread and X32i both come with 32” HD touchscreens, giving you access to crisp and clear media. However, the largest console option available with the Platinum Club is only a 19” touchscreen, but it does offer connectivity that the other two do not. So, you will need to weigh what you value more.
Best High-End Treadmills – Summary
- NordicTrack Commercial X32i Incline Treadmill
- Bowflex Treadmill 22
- NordicTrack Commercial X22i Incline Treadmill
- Sole TT8 Treadmill
- NordicTrack Commercial 2950
If you aren’t quite sure that these treadmills are the right one for you, then you may want to check out the best treadmills. These treadmills have a more generous price range than the high-end treadmills. That way, you can be sure to find the right combination of price, features, and build quality in your future treadmill.